Latitude Festival 2017: Katherine Jenkins proves she knows how to make an entrance
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
Katherine Jenkins is one of the few artists who could look perfectly picturesque gliding towards the Waterfront Stage at Latitude Festival.
The Welsh beauty made the entrance of the Festival as she was punted across the lake in the centre of Henham Park, singing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.
The 37-year-old was wearing a stunning backless ball down, and was adorned with small white flowers in her hair.
Huge crowds gathered as the classical singer introduced a song she told the crowds was 'close to her heart,' before launching into a rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
What was also unusual to see was quite how much the singer spoke to her audience, in between every one or two songs she chatted to the crowds gathered along the banks, giving insight into the stories behind her song choices.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps her most surprising set list choice was a cover of Clean Bandit and Zara Larsson's Symphony which topped the charts this year, providing contrast with her more traditional opera pieces.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing