Latitude 2016: Laura Mvula is majestic in the Obelisk Arena
Laura Mvula graced the main stage this afternoon, opening her set with Overcome, to the delight of the audience waiting for her.
But the Birmingham musician seemed to need validation from the crowd, asking the audience to let her know if they were with her. They replied with a roar and Mvula looked as though she could hardly believe it.
It is not the first time Mvula has played the festival, confiding on stage that her previous appearance in 2013 had been one of the best shows of her life.
And her return was as triumphant as her debut with a set including songs from her debut album, Sing To The Moon - most notably the feisty That's Alright and Green Garden.
The song She was dedicated to all the women in the audience, but it was Phenomenal Woman, which came almost at the end of the set, which the female part of the audience seemed to enjoy the most.
You may also want to watch:
Their energy, and obvious adoration had her smiling from ear to ear at the close of what was one of the best performances of the Latitude weekend.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue