Latitude 2016: Daughter stun audience with atmospheric performance
- Credit: James Bass
Indie-folk band Daughter created an ethereal ambiance in the Obelisk Arena with their delicately crafted music.
Consisting of Elena Tonra, Igor Haefeli and Remi Aguilella, the three-piece's quiet verse and loud chorus dynamics stunned the audience of their afternoon Latitude performance.
Tonra's hushed vocals combined with intricate guitar arpeggios created psychedelic musical layers reverberating between band and audience.
Returning to the festival for the third time songs such as Youth and No Care have seen the band rise up the festival stages.
While also demonstrating the intense intimacy the band permits its listeners.
You may also want to watch:
The well received performance saw the audience fall silent before waiting to give the band the applause they so richly deserved.
Daughter's set is not one full of action and volume more atmospheric and calm.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk