La Cage aux Folles will take to the stage in Norwich during first ever UK tour
Two top actors, renowned for a host of stage hits and TV shows, are set to star in the first UK revival of award-winning musical, La Cage Aux Folles.
John Partridge and Adrian Zmed are gearing up to take on the multi-award winning musical which will be heading to Norwich Theatre Royal in January 2017.
Partridge, who will be wowing Norwich audiences next week in the sold-out smash hit Chicago, will return to the fine city in the new year to play Albin, who moonlights as drag queen Zaza, the star attraction at the infamous nightclub La Cage aux Folles.
This is the latest in a string of theatre roles for the 45-year-old actor, who so far has performed in West End shows such as Cats, A Chorus Line, and Starlight Express, however it is his recurring role as Christian Clarke in EastEnders that he is perhaps best known for.
Starring opposite the soap actor, as his on-stage partner, Georges, the owner of La Cage aux Folles, will be American actor Adrian Zmed, who fans may recognise as Officer Vince Romano from hit 80s cop-show TJ Hooker.
You may also want to watch:
Zmed is an accomplished Broadway performer and has appeared on-stage in Grease three times as well as Blood Brothers and Falsettos.
Directed by Martin Connor, the sparkling show follows Georges and Albin's idyllic existence in the South of France, where everything seems to be going well until Georges' son, Jean-Michel, announces his engagement to the daughter of a notorious right-wing politician with a vendetta against drag clubs.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 10 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
In order to ensure Jean-Michel can marry his true love, the couple must put on the show of their lives, hiding their flamboyant tendencies and pretending to be something they're not. But will they succeed?
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'This lavishly funny story is sure to be a hot ticket in the city as the first ever major UK revival arrives. Its mix of glitz, razzamatazz, poignancy and pathos will help make it a must—see.
'It also features a show-stopping score which includes The Best of Times, Song on the Sand, and the iconic I Am What I Am.'
• La Cage aux Folles will be at Norwich Theatre Royal from Tuesday, January 17 to Saturday, January 21. Audio-described and signed performances will also be shown. Tickets prices range from £8 to £39.50 and can be purchased by calling the box office on 01603 630000 or by visiting www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk