Hunt for vandals after boats float away at Coltishall
Police were called after four cabin boats vanished from moorings near the Norfolk Mead hotel at Coltishall on the River Bure.
It was initially feared that the craft, unoccupied at the time, had been stolen from the public moorings some time during Saturday night.
Police were joined by Broads Authority staff in a search down river and one of the boats was quickly found stranded on a mud bank.
The others were also located downstream their mooring ropes apparently having been untied by vandals.
A police spokesman said: 'We would like to hear from any witnesses who saw what happened and ask them to call us on 101.'
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed