Hunt for vandals after boats float away at Coltishall
Police were called after four cabin boats vanished from moorings near the Norfolk Mead hotel at Coltishall on the River Bure.
It was initially feared that the craft, unoccupied at the time, had been stolen from the public moorings some time during Saturday night.
Police were joined by Broads Authority staff in a search down river and one of the boats was quickly found stranded on a mud bank.
The others were also located downstream their mooring ropes apparently having been untied by vandals.
A police spokesman said: 'We would like to hear from any witnesses who saw what happened and ask them to call us on 101.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened