Hundreds attend first South Norfolk outdoor theatre event of 2012
More than 200 children and parents took part in the first of a series of South Norfolk outdoor theatre events.
Families flocked to Diss Mere Park on Friday to enjoy Bzents Theatre Company present 'Nelson'.
But it wasn't so much the theatre company as the children themselves who made it a success, with the theatre company getting them to join in the fun and speak the lines.
Many families brought their own picnics.
Martin Wilby, cabinet member for communities and localism at South Norfolk Council, said: 'Children's outdoor theatre has been running in South Norfolk for six years and every time it attracts hundreds of children and their families. Thanks to support from Saffron Housing Trust, we are able to make these events free and ask parents for a donation if they can. These are tough times and many people are choosing to holiday at home, so these events make all the difference.'
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, August 3, the Magic Theatre Company presents 'The Wizard of Castle Magic' at Costessey Centre, Recreation Ground, Longwater Lane, Costessey NR8 5AH.
On Friday, August 10, Greenwood Tree present 'The Dragon Seekers Quest' at Dunston Common, Stoke Holy Cross , NR14 8PF.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
On Friday, August 17, Pendle Productions present 'Wind In The Willows' at Rainthorpe Hall, Flordon Road, Tasburgh, NR15 1RQ.
On Friday, August 24, Bangers & Mash Theatre Company present 'Sleeping Beauty' at Jubilee Hall, George Lane, Loddon, NR14 6NB.
And on Friday, August 31, Aesops Touring Theatre Company present 'The Hare and the Tortoise' at Ketts Park, The Loke, Wymondham, NR18 0UR.
Each performance starts at 11am and finishes at noon. No booking is required.