Holt Hall to be venue for new children’s arts and literature festival
A new annual child-centred arts and literature festival, called Falcon, will spread its wings this summer.
The event will start at Holt Hall on Saturday June 9 encompassing a broad range of arts activities – workshops, demonstrations and performances.
Organisers say they are bringing together 'inspiring practitioners to stimulate children's creativity, opening up new horizons, and introducing them to ways of firing-up their imaginations, as well as developing an appetite for the arts.'
Well-knowm children's author Kevin Crossley-Holland, who is the festival's honorary patron, said: 'This initiative is enormously worthwhile, and most attractive in the way it proposes to engage many art forms.'
This year's festival is a one day taster of what is to come in future years. Organisers aim to make it an annual event and already have three days booked for 2013.
You may also want to watch:
It is aimed broadly at the primary school age range this year but the whole family was welcome.
A festival spokesman said; 'This is something we feel passionate about and which, to us, seems not only worthwhile but enormously important in this current climate with its emphasis on testing and targets, and reduced funding opportunities – often simply squeezing creativity out. So as much as anything else we are determined that Falcon will be fun.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
To find out more or to volunteer email email@example.com