Hethersett gears up for open weekend events
Hethersett will be showcasing its community spirit with a plethora of activities for its annual open weekend.
The weekend will kick-off on Friday with a three day Olympic-themed flower festival at St Remigius Parish Church and a 24 hour swimming marathon at Hethersett Junior School.
The Hethersett's Got Talent variety show will also be staged on Friday night from 7.30pm at Hethersett Village Hall. Tickets cost �2.50.
On Saturday, the playing field will be showcasing and demonstrating over 20 Olympic sports at the free Sport in the Park event from 11am to 4pm. There will be international players providing demonstrations of Korfball and Dodgeball and a cycle speedway match from 3pm.
A brass band concert featuring Hellesdon and Sprowston Brass will be held at 7.30pm in St Remigius Parish Church. Tickets are �6.
You may also want to watch:
On the Sunday, there will be the two mile Run the Square event starting outside Hethersett Junior School on Queens Road. Warm up routines will be led by former Olympian Paul Evans at 10.30am. Entry is �2.50 for adults and �1 for 16s and under.
There will also be a ladies 5-a-side football competition organised by Hethersett Athletic FC which is held all day from 9am on Hethersett Memorial Playing Field.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns