Harry Potter quiz coming to atmospheric Medieval gaol
- Credit: Archant
Do you know your wampus cat from your Bowtruckle?
Fans of all things magic are invited to mine their minds for quiz night gold at a special event being staged at the Tolhouse Museum in Yarmouth on Friday, November 24.
Teams of up to six people are invited to take part, with other libraries around the country rising to the challenge.
The quiz will comprise five rounds of 10 themed questions about the Harry Potter books with two extra questions structured around the Hogwarts subject areas, shedding light on the broader history of magic.
Meanwhile, from Saturday Yarmouth library will host a display inspired by the British Library's new exhibition Harry Potter: A History of Magic.
You may also want to watch:
The display includes specially designed panels showing images of rare books, manuscripts and magical objects featured in the British Library's exhibition, as well as images of material from JK Rowling and Bloomsbury's own collections.
Norfolk libraries' local connections to magic and folklore will also be showcased, and will include a display of medieval works from the local collection that feature images of mythical creatures and illustrated maps.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
Harry Potter: A History of Magic celebrates the 20th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Jan Holden, head of Norfolk Library and Information Service, said: 'It's fantastic that libraries in Norfolk have been chosen to take part in this national project.
'The display in four local libraries is going to add a local element to a fabulous national exhibition and will showcase the really fascinating material the library services holds on Thomas Browne.
'It is fitting that the exhibition coincides with the 20th anniversary of the first Harry Potter book which has encouraged so many young people to read more widely and more often for two decades.'
There will be a family trail and on December 9 there will be Harry Potter themed craft activities like wand making.
To enter the quiz email Yarmouth.email@example.com or call 01493 842279.
Prizes for first and second place.
Arrive through the library doors for a sneak peak of the display.
The quiz is 7.30pm to 10pm.