Harleston artist set for Diss Corn Hall show
A south Norfolk artist will be exhibiting ceramics inspired by the sea at a Christmas exhibition at the Diss Corn Hall.
Kate Fisher creates cool, calm and contemporary ceramics influenced by coastal landscapes. The work is thrown from stoneware clay on a potter's wheel in sections and put together to create interesting ceramic forms that could not be produced from a single piece of clay, and then coated with satin matt glazes as gloss ones can sometimes distract from the form.
The Harleston-based artist has been running her own ceramics shop and workshop in south Norfolk for the last two years.
'I take pleasure in using cliff formations and shapes in the horizons to find interesting forms that I usually change the angle of, which is working with the idea of different perspectives. For colours and textures I like to use an overall feeling as well as the obvious colours found at the coast to encourage an experience within a piece, especially with my sculptural work.'
Miss Fisher, who received support and advice from the Suffolk Craft Society's Making It scheme after leaving college to set up Kate Fisher Ceramics, said business had been busy after moving to a workshop in Harleston
You may also want to watch:
The Diss Corn Hall exhibition will run from December 1 to 23 at the Old Stables Gallery. There will be an introduction of new pieces to the seascape collection that include both functional and sculptural items.
There will also be guest artists; Sharon Moss with black and white mosaics and Stuart Clark with intricate pencil portraits.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept