Halloween 2016: 10 top tips for staying safe and having fun
- Credit: Archant
The night of frights should be a celebration for all, but sometimes the fun can be taken too far. Here are some handy tips and tricks to help ensure everyone has a good time this Halloween.
1. Make sure to check with your parents or carer before going trick or treating, let them know where you're going and who you're going with.
2. Heed the age old saying that there is safety in numbers and never go trick or treating by yourself.
3. Only go to houses where you or your friends know the person that lives there. Some local residents may find it distressing or intimidating to have strangers knocking on their door demanding some sort of gift or payment.
4. Don't talk to strangers on the street or go off with them.
You may also want to watch:
5. Stay in well-lit areas.
6. Ensure you can be seen in the dark by wearing reflective clothing and carrying a torch. Glow sticks and necklaces are also a good idea and add a little extra fun for children.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
7. Take care when crossing roads, especially if you're wearing a mask as it may be hard to see properly.
8. Although Halloween is about looking spooky, be careful not to frighten those who do not want to take part.
9. Use LED tea lights instead of real candles in lanterns and pumpkins to eliminate any potential fire hazards or accidents.
10. Don't spoil Halloween for others, or yourself, by behaving inappropriately. This should be a fun day, that ends with a bag full of treats and not a whole lot of trouble.
• What are your top Halloween tips? Share them in the comments below or tweet us @EDP24 and @EveningNews