Haines picks up 12 boat order
A luxury boat builder is looking to take on more staff after winning �1.8m worth of orders to supply 12 motor cuisers to a Swiss company. Haines Marine, based at Catfield, has won the work through two contracts with the Swiss firm.
The boats will be operated on the German Mecklenburg Lakes near Berlin and from two locations on the French canals in 2012.
The first seven boats will go into production this year with a further five boats to follow next year.
It comes as Haines Marine said summer weather had boosted private boat sales and with the strong Euro and a newly-appointed agent in Holland, strong prospects for further sales into Europe. The firm has also announced it is planning to launch its latest new model this year, the new Haines 360 aft cabin, following on from its successful Haines 400.
The new orders amounts to about �1.2m for the German contract and �600,000 for the French deal, on top of �700,000 worth of recent private sales, taking turnover to about �2.6m in total.
You may also want to watch:
Director Justin Haines said: 'This is excellent news for the company, the quality of our craft and our record for good after-sales service helped win the contract to supply our Haines 34 and 38-foot motor cruisers, securing another good export order for our company.
'Despite the recent downturn our company has continued to sell boats and invest in new models and this latest order will mean we will need to take on more boat builders to fulfil the contract.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
'This is great news for the local boatbuilding industry and its skilled workers.'
The firm specialises in custom-built motor cruisers for both charter and private markets throughout Europe.
It launched its new Haines 400 model last year, two of which were recently launched at Brundall.
One is due to be based on the Thames, the other will be heading to the south coast at Dover.
Two others are due to be delivered at the end of May to Haines' Irish agent, Silverline Cruisers of Banagher, County Offaly.
Silverline operate a large fleet of Haines cruisers and sell private Haines Marine's craft to the Irish leisure boat market.
The fifth 400 to be built is currently in production at Haines Marine's Catfield factory.
The company, in its 31st year, will launch its new Haines 360 aft cabin model, a six berth cruiser, with an interior designed by Justin Haines, later this year.