Google phew! Parking in Holt becomes a world wide hit
- Credit: STREETVIEW/GOOGLE
Holt is proving a hit on the world wide web.
While extra spaces are being created, the north Norfolk market town, which is known for its range of independent shops and is popular with the Royal family, is continuing to stop visitors in their tracks.
Internet giant Google has released an updated virtual reality Street View of Holt which offers web browsers a 360 degree view of the town.
However, its cameras have, unfortunately for one person at least, captured a mishap by a motorist who crashed in the town centre.
An Audi is photographed having wiped out a wall in the pay and display car park next to Budgens from last summer.
You may also want to watch:
A local businessman, who didn't want to be named, said: 'It doesn't paint a good first impression of Holt to the rest of the world but you could say it has put the town on the map.'
Have you spotted any funny photographs of your town on the internet? Email the details to our newsroom in Cromer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown