Afternoon tea, gin tasting and free entry tickets: West Norfolk events and offers on Norfolk Day
PUBLISHED: 13:55 09 July 2018 | UPDATED: 14:17 09 July 2018
Dozens of events are taking place across West Norfolk to celebrate the first ever Norfolk Day this year.
Businesses, charities, communities and individuals have pulled together to back the special day which takes place on Friday, July 27.
Families can begin their summer holidays by taking part in a number of events organised for the special day:
• Free entry for children to Bircham Windmill, Bircham Newton.
• Beers of Europe, in Setchey, King’s Lynn, will be hosting a free Norfolk beer and Norfolk gin tasting day.
• The Warehouse Antiques & Collectables will be holding free valuation morning, hosted by auctioneer David Palmer.
• The Steiff Shop, which has the largest collection of Steiff teddy bears and animals in East Anglia, has donated a teddy cushion for a raffle with proceeds going to the East Anglia Air Ambulance.
• The King William IV pub in Sedgeford will be putting on a Norfolk Day menu. Head chef Chris Marshall has included a variety of tasty local produce and ingredients in his dishes, including Stiffkey cockles, Cromer crab and lavender panna cotta.
• Visitors to Snettisham Park can have one free admission if with a full paying adult and arriving before 11am. Park opens at 9am.
• Afternoon tea at Le Strange Arms Hotel, Old Hunstanton, plus a free glass of Pimms served between 2-5pm, £25 (plus booking fee) for two people, call 01485 534411 to book.
• RSPB Titchwell Marsh Reserve is hosting a walk called Easy Birding, free admission for anyone accompanying a full paying adult, £7.50 per adult, £6 for members, call 01485 210799 to book.
• Music concert by guitarists Julian Vickers and Daniel Bovey, Park House Hotel, Sandringham Estate, 5pm, 01553 764864, www.kingslynnfestival.org.uk.
• Downham Market’s Paint Pots will be holding a Bee Painting day from 11am – 4pm.
• Trenowath Place in King’s Lynn will be hosting a barbecue for residents in the summer house area from 3pm.
• Stories of Lynn, Lynn Museum, True’s Yard Museum and the Custom House are coming together to offer a special Norfolk Day ticket. Tickets are £8 for an adult, £7 for a concession, £5 for a child or £22 for a family.
• Special restaurant menu and offers at Downham Home and Garden Store restaurant, Stonecross Lane, Downham Market.
• Downham Market WI is holding its annual coffee morning from 9am-noon in the Clock Room, Downham Market Town Hall.
• The five-acre walled garden at Houghton Hall will be open to the public from 11am-5pm, www.houghtonhall.com.