Strictly Come Dancing 2017: 10 people from East Anglia who have appeared on TV talent shows
PUBLISHED: 13:46 09 September 2017 | UPDATED: 13:49 09 September 2017
As Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One tonight, JESSICA LONG finds 10 people from this region who have taken part in TV talent show contests .
• Leanne Mitchell: The singer from Lowestoft won the first series of The Voice in 2012 after being guided to victory by Sir Tom Jones.
• Kate Barmby: The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital nurse was one of the contestants on the 2016 series of The Great British Bake Off.
• Ronan Parke: Simon Cowell had high praise for this Poringland schoolboy who finished runner-up on the fifth series of Britain’s Got Talent in 2011.
• Sam Kelly: His performance of ‘Make You Feel My Love’ on Britain’s Got Talent in 2012 earned the Sprowston singer a place in the final where he finished ninth.
• Anthony Ogogo: The Lowestoft born boxer is a regular on the TV talent show circuit with appearances on Splash! in 2013 and Strictly Come Dancing in 2015.
• Bradley Waterman: The construction site worker from Norwich impressed in the first few rounds of The Voice 2016 but failed to make the live shows. • Tim Kinnaird: A former paediatrician at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, he narrowly missed out on the MasterChef crown in 2010.
• Ed Balls: The Norwich City chairman was the stand out star of Strictly Come Dancing 2016 thanks to his memorable routines with professional dancer Katya Jones.
• Caroline Flack: The Love Island presenter from Thetford won the 2014 series of Strictly Come Dancing with partner Pasha Kovalev.
• Myleene Klass: This Gorleston girl won a place in the band Hear’Say after appearing on Popstars in 2001.
• Norwich City chairman Ed Balls appeared in the 2016 series of Strictly Come Dancing.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.