Gatting set for new challenge after firing Dereham to victory
- Credit: IAN BURT
Joe Gatting netted the winner for Dereham at Ram Meadow before heading off to Australia for cricketing duties.
His 63rd minute goal proved decisive as the Magpies got back to winning ways after taking just two points from their previous four league games.
The visitors won a penalty in the 10th minute when Gatting was upended by Ricky Spriggs but home keeper Tibbles got down well to save Danny Beaumont's spot-kick.
There was little between the two sides but the visitors missed a good chance on half-time when Beaumont steered Rhys Logan's cross over the top from point blank range.
At the start of the second period Dereham keeper Elliott Pride made a fine save to turn aside Darren Mills' rasping 25 yard drive.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies finally took the lead when Gatting picked up Kyran Clements' sliced clearance and guided the ball past the keeper from 12 yards. Dereham continued to battle well and deservedly gained an excellent victory.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones