Gatting set for new challenge after firing Dereham to victory
- Credit: IAN BURT
Joe Gatting netted the winner for Dereham at Ram Meadow before heading off to Australia for cricketing duties.
His 63rd minute goal proved decisive as the Magpies got back to winning ways after taking just two points from their previous four league games.
The visitors won a penalty in the 10th minute when Gatting was upended by Ricky Spriggs but home keeper Tibbles got down well to save Danny Beaumont's spot-kick.
There was little between the two sides but the visitors missed a good chance on half-time when Beaumont steered Rhys Logan's cross over the top from point blank range.
At the start of the second period Dereham keeper Elliott Pride made a fine save to turn aside Darren Mills' rasping 25 yard drive.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies finally took the lead when Gatting picked up Kyran Clements' sliced clearance and guided the ball past the keeper from 12 yards. Dereham continued to battle well and deservedly gained an excellent victory.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift