GALLERY: Inspirational collections the order of the day as Isle students show off their creative talents
- Credit: Archant
FASHION students proved they were model pupils when they showcased their collections for a high octane catwalk show at Isle College.
Inspirational collections ranging from military tailoring to 1940s tea dresses were modelled for the popular end of the year show at the Wisbech setting.
The event was a chance for students to show off their creative talents with projects that celebrated a diversity of styles, textures and eras including commercial high street fashion, tartan tailoring, knitwear and quirky vintage wedding dresses.
Michelle James, course leader, said: 'Our students have done exceptionally well this year. They are a really strong year group who have exceeded my expectations.
'Every student who has applied for university has been offered their first choice place thanks to their hard work and dedication.'
You may also want to watch:
Eighteen girls in years one and two designed created and stitched their pieces for the end of year event whilst working within tight budgets.
The fashion show is the culmination of months of hard work thanks to the skills they learn during the two year BTEC Diploma in fashion and clothing where they are taught how to draw and cut patterns, sewing skills, creative design, making men's and womenswear, sportswear, accessories and tailoring.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
Designer of the year was Marianne Stanley for her Alice in Wonderland collection.
First year fashion student award went to Abby Rose, while students of the year award went to Sophie Bailey.