GALLERY: Hundreds enjoy strongman competition, magic, live music and more at Wisbech Rugby Club’s fun day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 600 people enjoyed an action packed charity fun day at Wisbech Rugby Club on Saturday.
Those in attendance were treated to live music, energetic dancing, a magic show and a strongman competition.
Wisbech and Thorney locked horns in a jovial end of season friendly where water breaks or replaced with beer stoppages.
The club also celebrated the opening of the extension of its clubhouse.
Richard Horvath, bar manager, said: 'It was one of the busiest days the club has had in a long while.
You may also want to watch:
'We had a box of 1,000 pint glasses which went by 5pm and people enjoyed live music till late into the evening.
'It was a good day for the club and great to support Wisbech's charities.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
The club intends to run another fun day next year, Mr Horvath said.
He said: ''We used to have a fun day every year but had stopped for a few years.
'With the success of this event we'll definitely look into doing one next year.'
The British and Irish Lions test matches will be screened in the clubhouse later this month. If you would like to hire out the venue, call Richard on 07796 005721