Fun in store for children in Watton area
Kathryn CrossTwo fun days out in the summer holidays are planned for young people in the Watton area thanks to collaboration between several partners.Police in Watton have been working closely with youth centre The Surge, Children's Services, Wayland Youth Services and Watton Town Council to provide activities over the school break.Kathryn Cross
Two fun days out in the summer holidays are planned for young people in the Watton area thanks to collaboration between several partners.
Police in Watton have been working closely with youth centre The Surge, Children's Services, Wayland Youth Services and Watton Town Council to provide activities over the school break.
The first event is an archery day on Wednesday for youngsters aged 11 and over. There are two sessions at 1pm and 3pm at the Old Youth Club, Harvey Street.
Teenagers over the age of 14 will also have the opportunity to take part in activities at a rifle range.
You may also want to watch:
A team building and mountain biking day will be held at High Lodge, in Thetford Forest, on Thursday, August 6. It will include a picnic and is aimed at young people aged 11 and over.
Watton PCSO Tonya Winsley said: 'We are really looking forward to holding two special days out for young people in Watton where they can take part in activities that they may not usually do on a day-to-day basis.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
For further information about the planned activities or to book a place visit The Surge in St Giles Road and speak to Carol or Michelle or telephone Carol on 07795 645376.