From live music, to steam trains, to bats - 10 things you can do in mid and north Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: citizenside.com
There's plenty of music and family fun going on in our area this weekend. Here are our top 10.
1) Saturday and Sunday - Reepham Festival, featuring The Beat at Rookery Meadow as headline act with support from Thin Lizzy tribute band Limehouse Lizzy, festival favourites Walkway, Jeremiah Ferrari, and many other fabulous acts and musicians. Visit the website for full details and tickets.
2) Saturday - Double Steam Saturday, run by mid-Norfolk railway. Travel through the heart of Norfolk, on a journey with unspoilt countryside views, and a visit to the historic Wymondham Abbey before returning to Dereham station. More details on the website.
3) Saturday - Meet Gonzo, at Watton Library. Children can meet the pet Scops Owl and learn more about the amazing bird species. All ages welcome at this free kids activity, but must be accompanied by an adult. For more information, call Watton Library on 01953 881671.
4) Saturday and Sunday - Miniature Steam Weekend, hosted by Bressingham Steam & Gardens. Working scale models of steam locomotors are on show, ranging from large and decorative engines used by fairgrounds, to humble road rollers used to maintain highways. The East Anglian garden rail show will also be taking place on the Saturday. Tickets available here.
5)Saturday - Yard Sales. Villagers in Stibbard are holding yard sales on Saturday to raise funds for the village hall. Residents throughout the village are taking part, and maps for the event are for sale, priced at £1 per map including a free cup of tea, while bargains and bacon rolls will be available on the day. More information here.
6) Saturday - Cromer Carnival Open Mic. An afternoon of picnic and performance fun in North Lodge Park, Cromer. Local singers and musicians will take to the stage to open carnival week. For more information see here.
7) Saturday and Sunday - Gimingham church will hold a flower festival with a nursery rhyme theme. Running on both weekend days, the church will offer a BBQ, food and drink, raffle, and book and bric-a-brac stalls at the free event.
8) Saturday - Travel back in time in the beautiful surroundings of Sheringham Park. Visit Edwardian gardens, a 1920s mill, WW2 defences from the 1930s, and try out cow milking at the 1950s farmyard at this free family event. Details of the location here.
9) Saturday - Bat Night at All Saints church in Swanton Morley. This evening event will let you learn all about the bat population and see them fly out from the church doors into the dusk, as well as a treasure hunt for children. More information here.
10) Sunday - Ten year anniversary garden party at Tuddenham Lodge. This rural pub offers something for everyone, with both a traditional menu and exciting daily specials, in the heart of the Norfolk countryside. Celebrate ten years of fresh, local food, from 4pm on Sunday, August 13.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk