From jazz music to Jason Derulo: 6 things happening in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There's a lot going on in Norfolk this weekend, with two very different festivals taking place and a swimming event set to make a big splash at Fritton Lake.
Saturday, September 3
• Norwich Jazz Weekender, various locations, 10am-11pm, Prices vary
Now in its third year, the Norwich Jazz Festival is a three-day event featuring some of the finest jazz musicians from across the world. Various events will be taking place across the city this weekend, with highlights on Saturday set to include a vocal workshop with Liane Carroll at OPEN, a Cuban jazz workshop with Sara McGuinness at OPEN and a performance by hard-hitting raw funk quintet, Resolution 88.
• Raveningham Country Fair, Loddon 11am-11pm, Tickets £5 per adult and all proceeds go to local charities
You may also want to watch:
This traditional country fair will feature over 100 exhibits, including displays of threshing, wood sawing, dance, and many classic cars, steam engines and vintage tractors will also be featured. As well as this, a Viking re-enactment will be taking place and there will be live music and a beer tent, among other attractions.
• Sundown Festival, Norfolk Showground, 12pm-10.30pm, £42.50-£110
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
Sundown Festival returns to the Norfolk Showground this weekend for two days of musical madness, featuring performances from the likes of Chase & Status, Jason Derulo, Jess Glynne, Years & Years and Dizzee Rascal. Camping tickets, as well as general entry day tickets are still available as well as special VIP tickets.
Sunday, September 4
• Big Swim, Fritton Lake, 9.30am-1pm, £10-£15
People from across the county will be making a splash this weekend at Fritton Lake as part of their annual big swim event. Several timed open water swims will be taking place throughout the day and swimmers will be given a free swimming cap to keep, additionally those who perform well will be in with the chance of winning prizes.
• North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival, Holkham Estate, 10am-4pm, Free entry
Spend a day celebrating the best food and drink our county has to offer at the North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival. With live displays, stalls, and cookery theatre to entertain the children, there's bound to be something on offer for everyone. Car parking is available on site, for a small charge of £3.
• Jake Morley, The Bicycle Shop, Norwich, 7.30pm, £8
Singer songwriter Jake Morley will be heading to The Bicycle Shop for the second show in a series of Norwich Green Party fund raisers, following the release of his new album, The Manual, which came out in June. He will also be joined by Norwich musician Andrew Taylor.
• Are you hosting an event in Norfolk? Why not submit it for listing on our website here.