From Cromer Pier to the Tardis: Bradley Walsh named as Doctor Who companion
- Credit: BBC
He got a showbiz leg-up decades ago as a comedian at Cromer's Seaside Special.
Now Bradley Walsh is moving from the end of the pier to the edge of the universe - as one of Doctor Who's companions.
Walsh, who played the pier in the 1980s, will accompany Doctor Who's first female Time Lord Jodie Whittaker, who takes over as the 13th Doctor next year.
They will be joined by Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill, as well as Sharon D Clarke in a returning role.
Walsh will star as Graham, Cole will play Ryan and Gill will play Yasmin.
You may also want to watch:
Walsh said he was looking forward to being part of the show - some 50 years after first becoming a fan.
The former Coronation Street actor and presenter of quiz show The Chase said: 'I remember watching William Hartnell as the first Doctor. black and white made it very scary for a youngster like myself.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
'I was petrified, but even though I'd watch most of it from behind the sofa through my fingers, I became a fan...
'Am I thrilled to be part of this whole ground breaking new dawn for the Doctor? Oh yes.'
? Do you remember Bradley Walsh when he was the Seaside Special comedian? What other stars did you enjoy watching at the Pier? Let us know on our Facebook Group (www.facebook.com/groups/enjoycromermore) or tweet @EnjoyCromer (www.twitter.com/enjoycromer)