Fressingfield set for garden festival weekend
More than 20 village gardens will be opened up for public viewing for the Fressingfield Garden Festival, which will take place next weekend.
A traditional open gardens weekend has developed into an event for both the amateur and more experienced enthusiast on June 18 and 19. There will be 23 gardens open for viewing.
In the village centre, on the Fox and Goose Green, will be a Market Place with marquees and around 20 stalls, ranging from specialist and bedding plants to garden accessories, wrought iron work, small furniture, gifts, crafts, books, strawberries and ice cream.
There will also be a children's trail on the Saturday afternoon and pupils from Fressingfield Primary School will be entertaining visitors with maypole dancing.
The church will be decorated by local groups and individuals with displays of village life and flowers.
You may also want to watch:
A food festival will also take place in the Swan Inn and Fox and Goose Inn.
Admission to the gardens is �4 for adults and free for children. Programmes are available on the day from the central information centre or in advance from Fressingfield Stores or by calling 01379 586221/586269.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain