Fressingfield set for garden festival weekend
More than 20 village gardens will be opened up for public viewing for the Fressingfield Garden Festival, which will take place next weekend.
A traditional open gardens weekend has developed into an event for both the amateur and more experienced enthusiast on June 18 and 19. There will be 23 gardens open for viewing.
In the village centre, on the Fox and Goose Green, will be a Market Place with marquees and around 20 stalls, ranging from specialist and bedding plants to garden accessories, wrought iron work, small furniture, gifts, crafts, books, strawberries and ice cream.
There will also be a children's trail on the Saturday afternoon and pupils from Fressingfield Primary School will be entertaining visitors with maypole dancing.
The church will be decorated by local groups and individuals with displays of village life and flowers.
You may also want to watch:
A food festival will also take place in the Swan Inn and Fox and Goose Inn.
Admission to the gardens is �4 for adults and free for children. Programmes are available on the day from the central information centre or in advance from Fressingfield Stores or by calling 01379 586221/586269.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named