Free family fun this weekend at Great Yarmouth’s In Here Festival
- Credit: Archant
There's a double dose of free fun this weekend at the In Here Festival in Great Yarmouth with Seachange Arts offering two afternoons of free family activities.
Tomorrow, 16 May, the Cook Up will bring family fun and recycled art to St. George's Park.
As part of the Cook Up, Seachange will be looking forward to the visit of a pair of theatre performances later in the week, with some themed creative activities.
To celebrate Roman comedy Gloriator, you'll be able to create your own cardboard helmet to take away. Then you'll be able to join in with the construction of a giant gladiator's helmet made from cardboard boxes.
Linked to the forthcoming ecological love story, Lorraine & Alan, you'll be able to create beautiful boats made from recycled water bottles and set sail on Seachange's carousel ride, Anchors Aweigh!
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, SeaChange host their third annual Open Day, offering visitors the chance to try their hand at circus and parkour. There will also be a drawing workshop with artists Jo Chapman and Mark Copeland, and a visit from Writer's Centre Norwich who will host creative writing workshop.
The Open Day wraps-up with a cabaret performance from local artists and performers from SeaChange's own circus school and members of Lost in Translation circus.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
The Cook Up takes place in St George's Park 11am to 3pm and the Drill House Open Day takes place at the York Road building on Sunday from 2pm, with a cabaret at 7pm. Both events are free.
Further information on all the In Here events and shows is available at www.seachangearts.org.uk.