First World War Canada Boys production returning to Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A drama based on true First World War events at the Norwich Colman's factory will be coming to north Norfolk.
East Theatre will be bringing the revival tour of The Canada Boys, which was performed last year, to a series of venues including Sheringham Little Theatre, The Atrium in North Walsham and Aylsham Town Hall from April 2-12.
It will feature the original cast and is due to be shown at Fakenham Community Centre tomorrow; The Guildhall in King's Lynn on April 5; The Granary at Wells on April 6; North Walsham on April 8; The Garage in Norwich on April 9/10; Aylsham on April 11; and Hindolveston Village Hall on April 12, all at 7.30pm.
Set in Norwich in 1912 The Canada Boys, by Norfolk writer Rob John, is based on the story of a group of workers at J & J Colman.
Concerned by rising unemployment in Norwich, the company offered some of its employees the opportunity of a new life on the other side of the Atlantic.
You may also want to watch:
The Canada Boys is the story of the two Craske brothers from Wymondham.
Tickets for the North Walsham show cost £10 for adults and £5 for students or children.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 9 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
To book call the box office on 01692 400080 or visit www.theatrium.org.uk.
Tickets for the Aylsham show cost £10 for adults and £5 for under 18s. To book call 07796 519987 or visit www.ticketsource.co.uk/aylshamfestival.
Alternatively visit www.feasttheatre.com