What I learned this week. One Norfolk teenager talks about his week doing work experience
PUBLISHED: 17:35 22 October 2015 | UPDATED: 17:44 22 October 2015
Teenager Jack Kavanagh has spent a week doing work experience with the marketing team at Busseys in Norwich. He tells us what he has made of his week.
Drive and willingness to succeed are all you need
For those looking at future employment opportunities at Busseys, the company also offers re-occurring apprenticeship and trainee sales exec programmes which are available to anyone with the drive to succeed and learn
Click here to find out more or email the HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tell us a bit about yourself (name, age, school you go to)
My name Is Jack Kavanagh, I’m 15 years old and currently go to Thorpe St Andrews High School.
• Why did you decide to do work experience at Busseys?
I was interested in what working in an office environment would be like.
• What have you been doing in your week?
So far this week, I’ve been creating offers on Wordpress for the Busseys Website, reorganising pictures of cars and helping with database management on a few things
• What bit have you found most interesting/enjoyable?
I’ve really enjoyed the whole experience, because it’s been interesting seeing how all of the different parts of the Marketing office work together and individually
• What sort of cars do you like?
I quite like, large, sinister-looking cars, because they look nice and go quite fast, however I also like quite big cars and I’ve always had a fondness for a Volkswagen Campervan.
• If they could let you drive one car what would it be..and why?
I’m not entirely sure what car I’d like to drive, as I’m not completely sure on what all of the cars here are like, but probably one of the faster cars like the Fiesta ST
• How many cups of tea have you made this week? (!)
No-one has asked or wanted me to make any
• What have you learned this week, that you didn’t know last week?
I’ve learned what it’s like to work in an office environment, which is interesting and I’ve been learning what the different aspects of a career in marketing can entail.
• Has it helped make up your mind about your future career?
Not entirely, because I’m still not completely sure as to what I want to do as a career
• What other sorts of career are you interested in then?
I’m quite interested in careers to do with science and maths, because those are the subjects that I’m best at and that I find the most interesting
* This article has been sponsored by Busseys.