10 things which make Norfolk great
PUBLISHED: 18:30 02 May 2018 | UPDATED: 19:22 02 May 2018
Colin Wright, managing director of Britannia Safety and Training, gave 10 reasons why he loves Norfolk in support of Norfolk Day.
• I am Norfolk born and bred, live here, work here and love it here. My family and friends are here and my life is here and one day my last breath will be here.
• Norfolk means wonderful people, kind generous and to the point.
• The history, Norwich and its castle and cathedrals, the coast, the broads and rivers, and so much more, why visit anywhere else.
• Most people I do business with finish up being friends and socially active.
• The climate is the great, our winters are beautiful and the summers are brilliant.
• Norfolk and its people are understated. We know what we have got, and we don’t need to shout about it. We’re proud without telling outsiders every 5 minutes.
• Success. When times are good we enjoy it but we also prepare for when its not so good.
• In business Norfolk people chat, discuss and compromise and in general are far more accommodating to issues. We are proper problem solvers.
• Norfolk means considered way of life and pace of life not hurried unless it needs to be.
• I have worked Europe wide and I wouldn’t swap Norfolk for any where I’ve ever visited. To me it’s always Gods own county, I always look forward to coming home.
An online shop has been launched selling Norfolk Day marketing material which event organisers can display on the day.
The shop is selling a four-pack of flags, four-pack of A3 posters and 20 balloons at £4, while 5m of bunting is £7.50.
Celebration packs containing all of the above are available for £15.
Norfolk Day takes place on Friday, July 27 and is intended as a day of fun in which individuals, community groups and businesses are encouraged to get involved by hosting or participating in events.
The initiative was launched by the EDP and Norwich Evening News in partnership with BBC
Radio Norfolk and has the backing of business and community organisations who are planning events for the day.
Details of events will be revealed in the newspaper, online and via social media.
To order Norfolk Day materials, visit the Norfolk Day shop.
Estimated delivery time is 28 days.
To let us know details of your Norfolk Day event email email@example.com, tweet @norfolk or message the Norfolk Day Facebook page.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.