11 things you get tired of hearing when you leave Norfolk
PUBLISHED: 11:35 06 October 2016 | UPDATED: 07:08 12 October 2016
When Norfolk folk choose to venture outside of Nelson’s County they are traditionally met with a very specific set of questions, comments and generalisations. Here’s a look at some of the things you’re bound to get tired of hearing when you leave the safety of our region.
1. “Where’s Norfolk?”
In EAST Anglia. The clue is in the name.
2. “Have you met Alan Partridge?”
If I roll my eyes any harder they might just roll right out of my face.
3. “It’s very flat there.”
You’ve obviously never made it to the top of Beeston Bump.
4. “Aren’t you all related to each other?”
Please. Just. Stop.
5. “You don’t sound like you’re from Norfolk.”
6. “Is that where Norwich is?”
Yes, surprisingly enough, it is.
7. “Does everyone drive a tractor?”
Believe it or not, my other mode of transport isn’t a John Deere.
8. “Let’s be havin’ you!”
If you’re not at a football match and you’re not Delia Smith, you really shouldn’t be saying this.
9. “Are you from the West Country?”
I’ve never even been to Somerset.
10. “Are you related to Stephen Fry?”
Is that a serious question? I honestly can’t tell anymore.
11. “Doesn’t the Queen live there?”
Yes, she does... And before you ask, no, I don’t know her.
• What questions/comments do you get tired of hearing when you leave Norfolk? Let us know in the comments below.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.