10 things you’ll only understand if you live in Diss
PUBLISHED: 08:00 30 March 2018 | UPDATED: 09:20 02 April 2018
Here’s a look at some of the things you’ll only know if you live in Diss or grew up in the town...
• You’re used to people asking “where?” whenever you tell them you live in Diss. People outside of Norfolk have absolutely no idea where you’re from.
• You’ve lost track of the amount of time you’ve spent queuing outside the chip cart on a Friday lunch time. It’s always worth the wait though.
• At one point or another you were definitely convinced there was some kind of creature living in the Mere.
• While the Friday market is great for grabbing something different, you’ve learnt that visiting the town during this time can be more stressful than going Christmas shopping.
• It takes a lot of effort not to roll your eyes when someone refers to the Mere as a pond...
• You know better than to try and drive through town when 5pm rolls around.
• Names such as Paul Warne, Tom Casey and Paul Gibbs all roll off the tongue... Or at least they do if you follow football.
• You’ve definitely made the trip from Tesco to Morrisons then Aldi (or vice versa) due to one or more running out of the item you need.
• Going to The Greyhound on a disco night can sometimes feel like a night out on Prince of Wales Road.
• Whenever winter rolls around, you hope the Mere freezes over so you can skate on it, like they used to.
• Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.