Enjoy Weird and Wonderful Wood at craft event in north Suffolk
For people who love beautiful wooden objects, are fascinated to see how they are made and would like to try making things for themselves, all in a stunning setting, Weird and Wonderful Wood has become an annual experience not to be missed.
This year's event will take place at the beautiful Haughley Park, Wetherden (just off the A14 near Stowmarket) on Saturday, May 12, 11am-6pm, and Sunday, May 13, 11am-5pm.
Visitors will be able to meet more than 60 artists and craftspeople, enjoy watching their practical skills and appreciate their work.
Demonstrations include carving and sculpture, designer furniture, musical instrument making, displays by traditional fletchers and bowyers, chainsaw carving, hurdle making, woodturning, pole lathe turning, signwriting, as well as coracle making and wagon displays. There will also be a working mobile sawmill on site.
Workshops include archery, withy work, paper-making, pole lathe turning, weaving, scrap wood, tree bogletts, puppet making, jewellery making, den building, and Monkey-do tree climbing.
You may also want to watch:
There will be locally-sourced and produced food and drink, and don't worry about inclement weather as there will be fine furniture and demonstrations in the barn and other activities in the grounds, housed in domes, tipis and yurts.
Admission per day: Adults – �6; Concessions – �4; Children under 16 – �3; Children under three – free.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash