Ed Sheeran to perform only live gig of 2016 at EACH nook appeal fundraiser at Natural History Museum
- Credit: Archant
A pop sensation will take to the stage for his only live performance of the year to drive up donations for an East Anglian charity.
Ed Sheeran will return to the mic at the Natural History Museum in London during a fundraiser for East Anglia's Children's Hospices' nook appeal, which hopes to raise £10m to build a new centre for children with life-threatening illnesses.
It will be the first performance of the year for the platinum-selling singer, who has been enjoying some time out of the spotlight.
The show will come during the charity's inaugural gala dinner at the end of November, which will be held in the museum's famous Hintze Hall, home to its 1,300-year-old giant sequoia and Diplodocus skeleton cast.
The musician said: 'As an Ambassador of EACH, I am enormously proud and excited to be joining them for their gala dinner event at the Natural History Museum on November 30.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm looking forward to performing and being part of what will be a wonderful evening of fundraising for a new hospice in Norfolk.'
Graham Butland, chief executive of the charity, added: ''We're absolutely thrilled Ed has agreed to take time out to support our inaugural gala dinner.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
'It promises to be wonderful evening where guests will enjoy a very unique performance from one of the world's most famous and talented musicians.
'The evening will raise funds for our vital nook appeal and we do still have a number of tickets and sponsorship opportunities available.'
He urged people to get in touch with the team to avoid disappointment.
Tickets for the event, on Wednesday, November 30, cost £250, and include a three-course dinner, entertainment, fundraising auction and, of course, Ed's performance.
All funds raised will be donated to the nook appeal. VIP tables and sponsorship packages are available.
For information, contact 01223 205192 or email email@example.com
• Are you putting on a fundraiser in aid of EACH? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The nook appeal
EACH needs a new hospice to meet the demand for its care and support services in Norfolk and to replace its current facility at Quidenham, which it says it now updated.
The charity secured planning permission for a five-acre site at Framingham Earl. The new hospice will cost £10m which is being raised through the nook appeal.
You can donate in the following ways:
Mobile: Text NOOK10 £10 to 70070 to donate £10
By cheque: Send cheques to EACH, Suite 5, The Old Dairy, Elm House Business Park, Wymondham, NR18 0SW.
Collection: A collection box can be requested from EACH in which loose change can be collected.