Early-morning fire leaves Brundall café with severe smoke damage
- Credit: Archant
A café in Brundall is to temporarily close after a fire damaged much of the inside.
Five crews, including the aerial ladder platform, were called to The East Hills cafe at Brundall Bay Marina after reports of a fire at just after 6am.
The fire, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault, has damaged much of the interior and seen a section of the floor give way.
Owner Sophie Hodgkinson said the café would be closed for a short while, but would be back up and running again soon.
Firefighters used hose reel jets to extinguish, while a thermal imaging camera has been used to check for hotspots.
Crews from Carrow, Sprowston, Earlham and Acle are among crews sent to the incident.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed