Early-morning fire leaves Brundall café with severe smoke damage
- Credit: Archant
A café in Brundall is to temporarily close after a fire damaged much of the inside.
Five crews, including the aerial ladder platform, were called to The East Hills cafe at Brundall Bay Marina after reports of a fire at just after 6am.
The fire, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault, has damaged much of the interior and seen a section of the floor give way.
Owner Sophie Hodgkinson said the café would be closed for a short while, but would be back up and running again soon.
Firefighters used hose reel jets to extinguish, while a thermal imaging camera has been used to check for hotspots.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Carrow, Sprowston, Earlham and Acle are among crews sent to the incident.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig