Don’t tell ‘em, Pike... Dad’s Army Museum in Thetford announces March reopening date for 2017 season
- Credit: Steve Adams
A popular Thetford attraction has announced its reopening date for the new season.
The Dad's Army Museum, located in Cage Lane, will reopen its doors to visitors on Saturday, March 18 at 10am.
Volunteers have been working hard on cleaning and updating the displays ready for March.
Since it opened in December 2007, the museum has gone from strength to strength.
Thousands of people make their way to the town each year to see props from the ever-popular comedy series, including Corporal Jones's van.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the museum was boosted by the release of the Dad's Army film.
The museum is open every Saturday and also Tuesdays during the school holidays.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
The centre is always looking for new items to display. Contact the museum if you have anything you think might be of interested.
To find out more information or to enquire about volunteering, visit www.dadsarmythetford.org.uk or call 07562688641.