Diss Corn Hall welcomes Maggi Hambling exhibition
The celebrated East Anglian artist , Maggi Hambling, will be exhibiting her work at a new show at the Diss Corn Hall from this week.
The venue is delighted to be showing her new 'Wave' oil paintings and a selection of her recent etchings, which will be on display in the Stable Gallery from Friday to October 22.
The artist's North Sea paintings have recently been the subject of major museum exhibitions, at The Lowry in Salford in 2009 and at the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge in 2010.
The exhibition will open with a free evening view on September 23 from 6 to 8pm in the presence of the artist and will be followed by Maggi Hambling 'in conversation' with broadcaster and television presenter, Martha Kearney at 8pm.
Tickets are �6 from the Corn Hall Box Office, 01379 652241 or online at www.disscornhall.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
All profits will go to The Diss Corn Hall Trust, the charity managing the Corn Hall.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover