Digital slide show at North Walsham Atrium will tell The History of the Norfolk Broads
Nostalgia fans have a chance to amble down Memory Lane this weekend when keen local archivist Brian Hedge gives another of his popular talks on local history.
Mr Hedge, from Worstead, will be giving a digital slide presentation, with commentary, on The History of the Norfolk Broads in the big-screen cinema at The Atrium, in North Walsham, this Saturday, November 10.
The evening represents 60 hours work by Mr Hedge who has amassed a collection of thousands of photographs over the years, including many historical ones and others he has taken himself in a bid to capture the scenes and characters of Norfolk before they disappear.
His last two slide shows at The Atrium, which adjoins North Walsham High School on Spenser Avenue, were a sell-out.
? Tickets for Saturday's event, which begins at 7pm, cost �5 and are available from the Showcase Gallery, in North Walsham Market Place, on the door, or phone 01692 400080 to book. Refreshments will be available from 6pm onwards, and in the interval.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000