Digital slide show at North Walsham Atrium will tell The History of the Norfolk Broads
Nostalgia fans have a chance to amble down Memory Lane this weekend when keen local archivist Brian Hedge gives another of his popular talks on local history.
Mr Hedge, from Worstead, will be giving a digital slide presentation, with commentary, on The History of the Norfolk Broads in the big-screen cinema at The Atrium, in North Walsham, this Saturday, November 10.
The evening represents 60 hours work by Mr Hedge who has amassed a collection of thousands of photographs over the years, including many historical ones and others he has taken himself in a bid to capture the scenes and characters of Norfolk before they disappear.
His last two slide shows at The Atrium, which adjoins North Walsham High School on Spenser Avenue, were a sell-out.
? Tickets for Saturday's event, which begins at 7pm, cost �5 and are available from the Showcase Gallery, in North Walsham Market Place, on the door, or phone 01692 400080 to book. Refreshments will be available from 6pm onwards, and in the interval.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights