Did you witness police chase in Great Yarmouth?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Police officers in Great Yarmouth were involved in a short chase with a white Kia after the man driving it was spotted using a mobile phone.
The car was spotted at about 7.20pm on Tuesday at Hall Quay and the car sped off as officers approached it, leading to what police called a 'short pursuit' in the Hall Quay/Haven Bridge area.
In a strange twist to the investigation a man then went to the police station saying it was his car and it had been taken while he was at a friend's home and then returned later.
The man was then arrested on the suspicion of drug driving after officers tested him. He was then released.
Police confirmed the man was not the person who was driving the white Kia during the short police chase.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the chase and anyone who has dashcam footage to come forward. Call PC 721 Young on 101, quoting Cad 382 of the 31st.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople