Dereham Town 2 Maldon & Tiptree 3: Magpies let 2-0 lead slip
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town threw away a two goal lead against fellow play-off contenders Maldon and Tiptree at Aldiss Park on Tuesday night.
The hosts had the better of the first half and went in front in the 42nd minute.
Matt Castellan laid the ball off to Rhys Logan and he struck a sublime 25 yard curler with the outside of his boot that flew into the top corner.
Dereham increased their lead in the 57th minute with another magnificent strike. After Ashley Jarvis was fouled on the left Danny Beaumont's curling free-kick was punched out to Jay Eastoe-Smith who thundered home a sweet left foot volley.
You may also want to watch:
Maldon pulled a goal back five minutes later with George Burrows' deflected effort beating Elliot Pride. Burrows then netted the equaliser in the 81st minute and four minutes later sloppy defending enabled Rhys Henry to net from close range.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools