Dereham Town hit Acle for six to reach Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town cruised into the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup after beating underdogs Acle United 6-1 at Aldiss Park.
Dereham Town cruised into the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup after beating underdogs Acle United 6-1 at Aldiss Park on Tuesday night.
As the pressure mounted it was no surprise when the Magpies opened the scoring in the 27th minute when Dion Frary headed home Tom McLeish's corner.
Dereham continued to press after the break, with Danny Beaumont blazing over the top after a good interchange of passes.
They increased their advantage in the 64th minute when Joe Gatting put through Ryan Crisp who toe-poked home and added a third four minutes later when Gatting netted with a blistering 20 yard drive following more fine build-up play.
You may also want to watch:
Elliot Pride was forced to save from George Diggens in the 84th minute before Dereham sealed victory in their next attack with a fine individual goal from Crisp.
Acle reduced the deficit with a superb long range strike from Brett Colclough but Beaumont added a fifth for Dereham with another excellent drive and on time Beaumont set up Crisp who slotted home for his hat-trick.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle