Dereham Town hit Acle for six to reach Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town cruised into the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup after beating underdogs Acle United 6-1 at Aldiss Park.
Dereham Town cruised into the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup after beating underdogs Acle United 6-1 at Aldiss Park on Tuesday night.
As the pressure mounted it was no surprise when the Magpies opened the scoring in the 27th minute when Dion Frary headed home Tom McLeish's corner.
Dereham continued to press after the break, with Danny Beaumont blazing over the top after a good interchange of passes.
They increased their advantage in the 64th minute when Joe Gatting put through Ryan Crisp who toe-poked home and added a third four minutes later when Gatting netted with a blistering 20 yard drive following more fine build-up play.
You may also want to watch:
Elliot Pride was forced to save from George Diggens in the 84th minute before Dereham sealed victory in their next attack with a fine individual goal from Crisp.
Acle reduced the deficit with a superb long range strike from Brett Colclough but Beaumont added a fifth for Dereham with another excellent drive and on time Beaumont set up Crisp who slotted home for his hat-trick.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears