Dealer gives rugby club head coach new Focus this season
- Credit: Archant
A W & D Hammond, the Halesworth Ford dealer and long-time supporter of Diss Rugby Club, has provided head coach Roger Coombs with a sponsored car.
With the new season about to start and narrowly missing out on promotion last year, when they lost in a play-off final in the last five minutes, the club is raring to go.
The club and its supporters have been working hard all summer making many improvements in all areas.
Mr Coombs, now into his second season as head coach, has strengthened both the coaching and physio teams immensely during his tenure.
He also brings with him a wealth of experience, including a spell coaching the Pakistan national side.
You may also want to watch:
Promotion to the London 1 North league of the London and South East Division is his main objective this season.
'Having reliable transportation enables me to carry out my duties with a lot more ease and allows me to concentrate on the important things like moving the club in the right direction,' he said.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
Paul Marjoram, dealer principal for A W & D Hammond, said: 'We have been long-standing supporters of Diss Rugby Club for many years and we are very pleased to be able to supply Roger with a Ford Focus 1.0-litre EcoBoost which has superb performance coupled with great fuel economy.
'Diss are a progressive, very well-run club with a strong junior section and a reputation for bringing young lads through the ranks into the First XV. The car will be put to good use by Roger and will help him keep mobile in his coaching and scouting roles.'