Dare you tread the path of Great Yarmouth ghost walk?
- Credit: Archant
St George's Theatre Group in collaboration with paranormal investigation group Hopton Ghosthunters are running a new ghost walk around Great Yarmouth with live actors.
The walk starts at St George's Theatre every Tuesday throughout the summer at 7pm and will take the group through some of the famous crimes and ghostly tales of Yarmouth including stops at the Tolhouse, the Priory and the Suspension Bridge. Run by sinister characters Fishergirl Fannie and Alastor Benedict Torme, this is a fun opportunity for all the family. Children aged 9+ only. Tickets can be booked via St George's box office on www.stgeorgestheatre.com or by calling 01493 331484.
? There are two Great Yarmouth Heritage Guided Walks this week. On Sunday, starting at 2pm, the theme is On the Warpath: Piers and Bombs and on Thursday, starting at 2pm it's the Medieval Town Wall.
Meet in front of Wellington Pier on Marine Parade for On the Warpath: Piers and Bombs, and at the Fisherman's Hospital gates in the Market Place for the Medieval Town Wall. Walks cost adults £3.75, child (7-16) £1.50, under 7 free. Just turn up on the day and pay the guide.
On the Warpath: Piers and Bombs - Find out about the Victorian piers and the former jetty, from which Nelson embarked for the Battle of Copenhagen and the role they played in seafaring activities. Also discover more about the impact of the two World Wars on the town including army billets, sea defences, digging for victory in seafront flowerbeds and the First World War Zeppelin bombing.
You may also want to watch:
The Medieval Town Wall = Great Yarmouth has the second most complete town wall in England, complete with 11 of the original 18 gate towers. Find out about who built the wall, why Great Yarmouth needed it and the people who lived nearby.
For more information call 01493 846346, or log on to www.heritage-walks.co.uk.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash