Crunch game for City Ladies
Norwich City Ladies travel to London on Sunday for a crucial top-of-the-table game against Tottenham Ladies.
The Canaries leapt over three teams to the top of the SE Combination League last weekend after beating Old Actonians 5-1.
Goals from Chelsea Garrett (2) and Jodie Drake (3) sealed the points for Norwich against the 10 players of Old Actonians, who scored a consolation goal late on in the game.
This result saw the Canaries shoot up the table past Lewes, Enfield and Tottenham to head up the division.
City co-manager Emma Fletcher said: 'With games against two of these sides over the next few weeks we will need to ensure we are at our very best to hold top spot.
You may also want to watch:
'We also need championship favourites Tottenham to drop points in their last few remaining fixtures to take the title, but second place and an opportunity of a play-off game is still very much there for the taking.
'The girls knew that a win [last Sunday] would take them to top, which gave it that added little bit of pressure, but they need to able to deal with this if they want to make it to the next level so full credit to them.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
'Playing against 10 players isn't necessarily an easy thing to do, they sat plenty of bodies behind the ball and they fought for their lives, which made them at times very difficult to break down.'