Crunch game for City Ladies
Norwich City Ladies travel to London on Sunday for a crucial top-of-the-table game against Tottenham Ladies.
The Canaries leapt over three teams to the top of the SE Combination League last weekend after beating Old Actonians 5-1.
Goals from Chelsea Garrett (2) and Jodie Drake (3) sealed the points for Norwich against the 10 players of Old Actonians, who scored a consolation goal late on in the game.
This result saw the Canaries shoot up the table past Lewes, Enfield and Tottenham to head up the division.
City co-manager Emma Fletcher said: 'With games against two of these sides over the next few weeks we will need to ensure we are at our very best to hold top spot.
You may also want to watch:
'We also need championship favourites Tottenham to drop points in their last few remaining fixtures to take the title, but second place and an opportunity of a play-off game is still very much there for the taking.
'The girls knew that a win [last Sunday] would take them to top, which gave it that added little bit of pressure, but they need to able to deal with this if they want to make it to the next level so full credit to them.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
'Playing against 10 players isn't necessarily an easy thing to do, they sat plenty of bodies behind the ball and they fought for their lives, which made them at times very difficult to break down.'