Cromer Carnival organisers wait on Red Arrows return
- Credit: Archant � 2006
They returned in triumphant style last year - and it is hoped the Red Arrows will be blazing a trail again at this summer's Cromer Carnival.
The RAF display team has provided a spectacular centrepiece to the annual extravaganza since 1980 with their trademark combination of close formations and precision flying.
Now organisers are waiting to hear if the iconic jets will be back to entertain the crowds.
Carnival chairman Tony Shipp said: 'We are expecting to know by the end of the month. We have applied for the Red Arrows to come and want them to be here, but are in their hands at the moment. The first we often hear is when they make an announcement on their website.
'They have been part of the carnival since 1980, but have missed two or three times in the last six years.'
You may also want to watch:
'The team are happy performing at the carnival where they are over the sea as it is getting more difficult to do land displays because of safety concerns.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford