Crime writer celebrates one million book sales
- Credit: Archant
A former Lowestoft schoolboy turned crime writer is celebrating after selling more than a million copies of his first two books in six months.
Robert Bryndza's debut crime novel The Girl in the Ice – the first in his DCI Erika Foster series – has sold more than 800,000 copies plus 33,000 audio books since its release in February.
The second book in the series, The Night Stalker, has sold more than 180,000 copies and hit the top 20 in the UK when it was launched in June.
The third instalment of DCI Erika Foster – Dark Water – was released at the end of October to rave reviews.
Mr Bryndza, who was born Robert Sutton, said: 'I have been writing since I was about 14.
You may also want to watch:
'Coming from Lowestoft I didn't known anyone in publishing and being a writer seemed as achievable as being an astronaut. It was before the Internet and social media. London seemed so far away and I never felt I would be able to do it as a career.'
Mr Bryndza attended Woods Loke Primary, Roman Hill Middle and Benjamin Britten High schools.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
The 37-year-old, who has signed a six book deal with publisher Bookouture, now lives in Slovakia but returns to Lowestoft regularly to visit his parents Pat and Brian Sutton.
He said: 'I feel very proud now to achieve what I have. It is very exciting to know there are so many readers out there waiting for the next book.'
Are you celebrating success in the arts' world? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com