Creake Abbey is all set to blossom for feast of flowers
- Credit: IAN BURT
An event that is fast becoming known as Norfolk's answer to the Chelsea Flower Show is back at the end of next month.
Creake Abbey's Plant Lovers' Day returns on Saturday, May 30 with more than 28 specialist plant nurseries, and a stunning array of flowers, shrubs and trees for gardening enthusiasts to enjoy.
Now in its eighth year, the event prides itself on finding high quality nurseries that offer a wide range of plants and specialisms at affordable prices.
Ben Potterton, from Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery, grows more than 2,000 different species of perennials and will bring some lovely specimens.
The Monksilver Nursery will delight visitors with a stunning Ornithogalum Magnificent – a three-foot tall, pure white Star of Bethlehem.
You may also want to watch:
Hoecroft Plants will bring a wide variety of ornamental grasses, coloured leaved and variegated plants.
New for 2015, Creake Abbey is delighted to welcome the Escape Project and Friends of Swaffham Orchard.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
The Friends of Swaffham Orchard, a Heritage Lottery-funded project led by Family Action, promotes gardening, food growing and traditional skills through the regeneration of the Swaffham Community Orchard, and will be selling a variety of quality fruit trees.
Also new this year are Riverside Bulbs who offer visitors unusual and varied bulbs for all planting seasons. Its high quality, large bulbs are sourced from the best English and Dutch growers.
Creake Abbey founder, Diana Scott, said: 'We are very excited about this year's Plant Lovers' Day and have a fantastic line-up of wonderful garden nurseries.
'We offer our visitors a rare opportunity to speak to the nurserymen directly, have their questions answered, and buy a huge variety plants at reasonable prices.
'It is a veritable feast for the eyes and garden, and a wonderful day out.'
Creake Abbey doors will open at 10am and close at 4pm. Entrance is £3 and there is no charge for children under 16. Once again, profits from the day will go to Wells Community Hospital.
For more information visit www.creakeabbey.co.uk or telephone 07801 418907.
Are you raising money for a special cause or putting on a gardening event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org