Police wipe smile off anti-social rider’s face
- Credit: Archant
Police had the last laugh when a motorcyclist rode past them on a cycle path.
For the rider did not realise the men he passed were plain-clothed officers taking part in a crackdown on anti-social behaviour.
One tweeted: "Male who dangerously rode past four plain-clothed officers on the cycle track at Lynnsport wasn't laughing half as much when we tracked him down and brought a recovery truck with us."
Earlier officers reported they were patrolling cycle paths around Lynnsport.
There have been reports of anti-social behaviour in the area and in nearby Salter's Sanctuary in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
When they started their shift yesterday morning, one told social media followers: "The team are parking the paperwork and donning their best civilian attire today to target cycle theft, drugs offences and anti social behaviour around the town centre."
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures