Police wipe smile off anti-social rider’s face
- Credit: Archant
Police had the last laugh when a motorcyclist rode past them on a cycle path.
For the rider did not realise the men he passed were plain-clothed officers taking part in a crackdown on anti-social behaviour.
One tweeted: "Male who dangerously rode past four plain-clothed officers on the cycle track at Lynnsport wasn't laughing half as much when we tracked him down and brought a recovery truck with us."
Earlier officers reported they were patrolling cycle paths around Lynnsport.
There have been reports of anti-social behaviour in the area and in nearby Salter's Sanctuary in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
When they started their shift yesterday morning, one told social media followers: "The team are parking the paperwork and donning their best civilian attire today to target cycle theft, drugs offences and anti social behaviour around the town centre."
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars