Fishing boats take centre stage at maritime discovery celebration in Yarmouth today
- Credit: Time and Tide Museum
A day of maritime discovery is being staged in Great Yarmouth today to mark a conservation milestone.
The event is being hosted at the Time and Tide Museum where the attraction's fishing vessels will show off the results of a makeover.
As part of the celebrations the courtyard will see crafts and activities on a fishing and Titanic theme, chiming with the museum's current exhibition Honour and Glory.
Staff and volunteers will be on hand to provide a behind the scenes insight and snapshot of the preservation work carried out on the historic boats over the last two months, funded by the Esmée Fairbairn Collections Fund.
Jennifer Hooker, project assistant, said: 'This is a very exciting time for the Sea History Differently project as we see the work on our boats reach the final stages. This day will enable visitors to see conservation in action and learn from the professionals about how to care for historic vessels.
'Not all museum work has to happen behind the scenes and our celebration day will highlight this.' Jennifer Hooker, project assistant.
Visitors can see wood artist Jill Brewster demonstrate her carving skills as she works to create a new name plaques for the fishing boats, as well as have a go themselves at designing their own boat plaque and enter it into our competition.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 5 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 8 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
A selection of ships' models have been brought out of museum stores for display.
All events are included with admission ticket.