Colourful landscapes by former Diss teacher Martin Laurance to go on show
- Credit: Archant
Emotive landscapes by a former Diss High School teacher will go on show at a new exhibition.
Martin Laurance, who is based in Norwich, will display a collection of colourful paintings of the dramatic landscapes of Yorkshire and Scotland and the coastlines of Suffolk, Norfolk and Cornwall in the show at Diss craft shop/arts hub Designer Makers 21.
Mr Laurance will be at the launch of the exhibition on October 13 from 6.30pm to 8pm. The works will be on show on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from October 12 to October 28, between 10am and 5pm.
The artist has exhibited widely in the UK since leaving teaching and taking up his passion professionally 17 years ago, and he has also had exhibitions in Zurich and Koblenz. He also plans to offer a series of workshops at the craft store, which potential students can sign up for at the launch.
Designer Makers 21 is in St Nicholas Street.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk