Clothes sale helps raise funds for hospital’s care appeal
- Credit: IAN BURT
Slimmers have clubbed together to raise several hundred pounds for a hospital's care appeal.
Members of Slimming World groups across West Norfolk have raised around £800 for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital's Excel Appeal - primarily through a clothes sale event.
The appeal, supported by the EDP, aims to raise money for specialist care equipment which would improve the treatment and comfort of elderly people in hospital.
This summer members of the Slimming World groups in Hunstanton, Reffley, and Gaywood Library, held a clothes sale where they sold clothes that had become too big following the sellers' success in losing weight.
These clothes were sold to other members, as participants are at different stages of their weight-loss programmes.
You may also want to watch:
Around £350 was raised from the event, while members have also put in an extra £120 through donating spare change at weekly sessions.
Additionally another £320 has been raised by Slimming World groups in Springwood and Dersingham groups.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
Christine Szewc, a Slimming World consultant, said: 'We're hoping to hold some more events this autumn.'
To donate to the appeal visit www.justgiving.com/qehkl-excelappeal, or pay by cheque: payable to the Excel Appeal and send to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.
Are you fundraising for the appeal? Email firstname.lastname@example.org