Clothes sale helps raise funds for hospital’s care appeal
- Credit: IAN BURT
Slimmers have clubbed together to raise several hundred pounds for a hospital's care appeal.
Members of Slimming World groups across West Norfolk have raised around £800 for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital's Excel Appeal - primarily through a clothes sale event.
The appeal, supported by the EDP, aims to raise money for specialist care equipment which would improve the treatment and comfort of elderly people in hospital.
This summer members of the Slimming World groups in Hunstanton, Reffley, and Gaywood Library, held a clothes sale where they sold clothes that had become too big following the sellers' success in losing weight.
These clothes were sold to other members, as participants are at different stages of their weight-loss programmes.
You may also want to watch:
Around £350 was raised from the event, while members have also put in an extra £120 through donating spare change at weekly sessions.
Additionally another £320 has been raised by Slimming World groups in Springwood and Dersingham groups.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
Christine Szewc, a Slimming World consultant, said: 'We're hoping to hold some more events this autumn.'
To donate to the appeal visit www.justgiving.com/qehkl-excelappeal, or pay by cheque: payable to the Excel Appeal and send to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.
Are you fundraising for the appeal? Email firstname.lastname@example.org