Cley pantomime to raise money for Blakeney health charity
- Credit: Archant
Families will be able to enjoy a retelling of a princess fairytale next month.
Cley Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) will be performing Cinderella as its 2015 pantomime.
It will be shown at Cley Village Hall on Thursday February 5 and Friday February 6 at 8pm and Saturday February 7 at 3pm and 8pm.
Proceeds from ticket sales for the Friday show will go to Glaven Caring.
The voluntary group, based at Thistleton Court in Blakeney, provides extra care and comfort as well as medical and personal services to anyone over 60 living in and around Blakeney and the Glaven Valley.
You may also want to watch:
It also runs two lunch clubs and three day care sessions.
CADS was formed in 1983 and its first performance was the Gilbert and Sullivan comedy opera Trail by Jury followed by a Music Hall miscellany called Wine, Women and Song.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
It has always performed an annual pantomime and has always raised money for charity.
In the past CADS has donated money to Blakeney Housing Association and Thornage Hall, near Holt, which teaches technical skills to people with learning disabilities and Holt Youth Project.
Tickets for Cinderella cost £8 for adults and £3 for children. All tickets for the Friday charity show cost £8.
They are available on the door or from Made in Cley shop. To contact the shop call 01263 740134.
Anyone interested in joining CADS should ring Sheila Rudgley on 01263 741338 or John Roebuck on 01263 713248.
For more details about the amateur dramatic group, visit www.cleydrama.co.uk.