City Ladies in play-off delight
Norwich City Ladies won their crunch final SE Combination game today with ease to reach the play-offs for the National League.
They needed a victory against Ebbsfleet at Plantation Park to finish second and reach the play-offs for the National Premier League (South Division) – and did it in style, winning 6-0.
Goals were by Paige Shorten and Chelsea Garrett, who both scored braces, and one apiece from Charlie Branch and Hayley Peverley.
Co-manager Emma Fletcher, who runs the side with Scott Emmerson, said: 'I am so thrilled but we're not celebrating yet. We have still got a big challenge –there is even bigger fish to fry. We have to be level headed.
'It was a fantastic achievement to finish second in the league, especially with the injuries we have had this season. This is just the start of something big for us. Now the hard work begins,' she stressed.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries, who beat Hethersett to win the Norfolk Women's Cup last weekend, will play an as yet unknown team from the South-West Combination on May 8 at Enfield. If they win that, they will face the team that finished second from bottom in the National League division City hope to join.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk